Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I break up with a friend?

How do I break up with a female friend. We're both 25, I just don't trust her and could never trust her. She talks about some of her friends to me, but in their face, will say the exact opposite. She does this with most of her friends, so there's no reason for me to believe otherwise. We've know each known each other for about 9 months now.





And this weekend was the last straw...she gave my number to some stranger in a club telling him I fancied him, and he's been ringing me all the time. She claims she was drunk, which isn't a good enough excuse.





And when we were chatting in a bar with some friends and her husband, I had my face turned to the side, and when I turned to face her she was making some sort of eye contact with her husband and saying something with her eyes to him (something like: what the hell is she going on about.---this is quite difficult to explain in words!) But that was the absolute last straw for me.How do I break up with a friend?
i would email her this question she will get point!!!How do I break up with a friend?
I'm sorry for your hurt feelings. In the big scheme of things 9 monthes is not that long. If she were a childhood friend, I would suggest honesty. In this case, move on. Surround yourself with the few people who are your real friends. If you think it's necessary, feel free to change your number. You probably are concerned about hurting her feelings, good for you. You're a better person for it. But your first responsibility now is to yourself. Take care of you. It's up to you how you do it. Maybe the cold shoulder will be enough. Otherwise go ahead and tell her the truth, ';I don't feel it is good for me to be around you. I don't feel you respect me or my feelings.'; Good luck.
Unless you fancy a full fledged confrontation, you might want to slowly distance yourself from her. You could start by still talking to her on the phone but trying not to see her in person as much and decrease contact from there. It will seem like you two just grew apart and you won't have to try tell her why you don't want to be friends with her (which probably wouldn't change the way she acts but would undoubtably cause her to spread a lot of gossip about you).
It sounds like she doesn't really value your friendship that much. You should first just try to talk to her, but, if that don't work, tell her to go screw herself.
Argue with her. Get into a big fight about sometihng random. and when she calls dont pick up. When she sees you ignore her or say,'; You know what? What kind or friend are you! You gave a stranger my number, you talk crap about my other friends! I don't think you know how to be a good friend, because if you were my friend you would respect me and the people i choose to be friends with! So just leave me alone for a while until you decided to show more respect towards me!';


Who knows maybe in the future she will change....Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment