Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you ';break up'; with a friend?

I have a friend who i feel i acn no longer be friends with. She has not done anything directly to me..its more tat i hate to see her hurting herslef. This young woman is destructive and i feel like i've given her all the advice that i can - but i can only do so much. I feel tired frim all of it, watching her ruin her life. How do i tell her gently that i cant sit back and watch her do it to self anymore and we cant be friends?How do you ';break up'; with a friend?
I've been beating my head against the wall over people in my life as well. I would just simply write them a letter, explaining things like you are in this question. Sometimes, just seeing the words down on paper can be the best wake-up call they can get. Hopefully, things will get better between the two of you. If not, then you have to realize that this friendship is more toxic to you, than helpful to her. Good luck.How do you ';break up'; with a friend?
did you ever read or watch the movie speak?


well it's about this girl who was raped at a part and called the cops and all of her friends hate her. she starts a new year at school and meets this girl. the girl who got raped was really depressed but made friends with the new girl. the new girl stopped liking her though because she was depressed. then her friend 'dumped' her and she became more depressed.


i would just stop talking to her and eventually your friendship will fade away. or if you want to be nice, listen to her problems because i'm sure thats whats making her so destructive.
Go up to your friend and say ';(insert name here), I feel like I cannot be your friend any longer. I can't just sit her while you ruin your life. So if you don't straighten up I don't think I can stay friends with you'; try it. it works!
Just keep your distance and move on

No comments:

Post a Comment