Friday, August 20, 2010

How to move on a break up with a friend?

I have an officemate, we started as friends. I felt a special relationship with him and I think he also does later on. We kissed and according to him we are special friends and we're getting to a better relationship. He just have a family problem right now, and if I can wait, he just needs to think. After a week, I have decided that we just become friends again and forget about the special relationship. I thought I can stick to that but we became closer and kissed again (a passionate one). When I started to ask him, he said he thought we are just friends. I did not think about that since our actions does not match what we have agreed. But as we go along and tried to ask him, he started avoiding me. I can sense that he is avoiding me. One time I told him that it's difficult for me to leave him because I am beginning to love him. When I asked him, he did not answer. Until such time I texted him and just IM me saying sorry since he cannot give me his time. How can I move on?How to move on a break up with a friend?
This has to be a concious decision on your part that you want nothing to do with him. It may even involve changing jobs, if seeing him at work is too painful. Involve yourself in other activities, meet new people or spend time with other friends or either genderHow to move on a break up with a friend?
One day at a time. Keep busy, go out with friends or make plans with family. Find someone new...it's the easiest way to get over someone else.
I know that what I am about to say is easier said then done, but you need to pick up the peices of your heart and atleast act like it doesn't even bother you. You need to go about your normal daily things and just smile at him at work or just don't even give him the pleasure of knowing that you know he still exists. Just remember even if it kills you on the inside don't let him see that...never,ever!!
The question of moving on is to busy yourself in some productive work, I read ATLAS SHRUGGED it is a very nice book, may be you will find some answer to your question in that book, here is
Crazy! I am going through the same thing! We stopped talking for two months. I have been heart broken. Once in awhile I would send him a text so that he wouldnt forget about me. Last Thursday he stopped at my work and asked me to go out Friday night. I had a great time. Even met his entire family. I am hoping things start picking up again. Good luck! IM me if you want to talk.
I think you need to plan to move to another department or office with the company you are working for. If this is not possible then you maybe need to consider changing companies. Since he has evidently decided that the affair with you is over you need to accept that and go on. If you cannot work in the same office with him and move on then you need to get away from him. It sounds like you need to get away from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment