Friday, August 20, 2010

Is this how you break up with a friend?

We're in our 20s. I have feelings for her, but she doesn't feel the same way. Problem is, we're very close friends. We've tried keeping the friendship because it is important to us, but we know how turbulent it is, and we try to prop each other up. She'll tell me constantly how much I mean to her, and that there's no one out there like me, and I do the same; but we've been on so many breaks; it's getting difficult. We're on a break right now actually, and I know she's been crying about it.





I guess it's time to have the serious talk; I want to tell her exactly what I am feeling, but I am not sure it's a good idea. I want to tell her that I still do care about her, that no one could replace the times we've had. And that, if I could go back a year to when we first met; that I would tell my past self to go talk to you; because even though there were so many arguments, and hurt; it was worth it, because she's one in a million, and I wouldn't meet someone like her again. But some people come and go in life, and it's just time for us to both leave. I've always tried to be honest with her, do you think she'll hate this? Or appreciate that I am trying to leave on good terms, so it won't be weird if I run into her again?Is this how you break up with a friend?
Yes she will hate this.


If she is so great, then why stop being friends.


Just because life changes, does not mean you have to no longer speak to people.


You should just tell her that you will no longer be able to see each other as much as before, but still want to be a part of her life, though it will not be as intense or as often as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment