Friday, August 20, 2010

When you have to break up with a friend?

I have recently made a decision to break up with a person who has been my friend for seventeen years. She has been there for me as I have been for her and we have gone through so much together. Three years ago she hit hard times because of choices she made which I had been against and had tried to advise her on. Despite this I have supported her paying her rent and bills when I could but I have reached a point where I cant take it anymore and told her I could not pay her bills anymore. She has started going to my workplace borrowing money from my collegues and bad mouthing me for not being there for her. I have formalised our break up and told her why I cant be friends with her anymore. I am so saddened by this. Meanwhile she continues to bad mouth me for failing to help her. She will talk to anyone who wants to listen. I feel very let down. How do I ensure she stops talking about me and going to people I know asking for money?When you have to break up with a friend?
As a friend you went BEYOND the call of duty!





She took major advantage of you. She is a user looking for a victim. Speak to your collegues and let them know NOT to lend her money. She has no job so she CAN NOT pay them back, and you are not going to pay them back either. Tell her to stop coming around or you will have to get a restraining order.





Unfortunately, some people mistake kindness for weakness. Don't let her do this to you, take a stand!





Best of luck!When you have to break up with a friend?
You can't stop her from talking about you. Who cares, talk is cheap. As far as asking people for money, tell them your experience and let them figure it out for themselves. If your not like she says, people who work around you everyday will know that she is lying. It won't last long, trust me.
It is not your job to pay her bills! If she keeps going on like this you will not even be helping her. She will grow up to rely on others and depend on others. Tell her why it is wrong. Don't feel bed, you are doing the right thing! Good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment