Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Please help me break up with my friend?

We're not a couple, but she has said we have an unusual relationship that she can't explain to her friends. She's a model and travels 3-4 days a week. So she's always busy, but she's told me many times that I am the person she makes the most time for, and trusts. We have no mutual friends; we have long phone conversations about twice a week, and dinner once a week. She's told me there's no future in us because we are of different religions.





In the 6 months I've known her, we've been on 3 breaks because I can't help what comes naturally, and honestly I do think there's a connection that we both see. The first break she cried for days, and that was just after a month of knowing her, but now we're both attached to each other. But it's clear to me that it's not turning into anything romantic. And I can't treat her like a friend. I've told her at the first break that being friends with someone I like doesn't work, and that if we continue hanging out...I'll always have feelings for her, and it's not fair for me. But we continued to be friends, and now it's so harder to pull away. She told me she doesn't want another break...even made me promise I wouldn't leave her again.





So how am I suppose to do this? I know I got in too deep. I know I should've never tried being friends with her because I couldn't do it to begin with. This isn't an ultimatum...this is just me saying that this relationship isn't the best thing for me right now. How can I tell her nicely that I really wish her the best, and that maybe in a different lifetime we really could've been best friends, it's just...I think in a different lifetime we could've been the best lovers. But since this is neither...we should stop seeing and calling each other.Please help me break up with my friend?
You obviously care about her. Why do you need to just stop being her friend. Still be her friend but move on and date. Maybe shes affraid of commiting? Tell her how you feel,and that if she's not ready to be TOGETHER then tell her your going to date but you will still be friends,and cant promise her you can hang around and talk as much. Apparently she cares alot for you too. She cried after a friendship break. That says she cares deeply. Religion is a big thing to some people. I'm getting a feeling she is affraid to be more than friends. Has she been hurt badly in the past? This is a rough issue. I ahve been in this spot. Be her friend if you truely care but do not put your life on hold for her or go out of your way t see her alot. Maybe she will evenentually come around...good luck and God BlessPlease help me break up with my friend?
';I know I got in too deep. I know I should've never tried being friends with her because I couldn't do it to begin with. This isn't an ultimatum...this is just me saying that this relationship isn't the best thing for me right now. How can I tell her nicely that I really wish her the best, and that maybe in a different lifetime we really could've been best friends, it's just...I think in a different lifetime we could've been the best lovers. But since this is neither...we should stop seeing and calling each other.';





umm you just answered your own question.. tell her exactlyy that.. life is all about making changes... things go wrong so that people can change.. you must move on .. it may take time for both of you... but life will go on
wow. i am absolutely serious when i tell you this, but i am in the EXACT situation. my guy and i have also been the same way for 6 months and we talk for hours everyday. yet we don't think we would work as a couple, but we basically are. i think you should continue seeing her and calling her because she obviously is of great value to you, and you are the same way to her. i think you would hurt her a lot if you just stopped being so close. well that's what i'm doing anyway... best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment